Sunday, August 14, 2011

Blasphemy Cookies: A Picture Diary

It should be well known by now that I love sweet foods. However, they are not the most conducive foods to ingest if one wants to lose weight. It should also be well known that I love the cookbook Cooking Light. Totally helpful and conducive to losing weight. I happened upon a cookie recipe in there, so I thought I would give it a try, but not before telling my glorious friend J*Rock that I would be conducting the experiment. J*Rock shares my love of sweet things, but did not embrace the idea of "low-calorie cookies". Thus, the name Blasphemy Cookies was born.

Tonight, I have conducted the experiment and documented the journey. Blasphemy Cookies! Onward!

  I want cookies! Lots of cookies! I don't want to be a humongoid when I eat a bunch of cookies. What to do? Make Blasphemy Cookies, of course! But will they taste good? What goes into them?



Seriously, this is what goes into these cookies? Flour, apple sauce, and brown sugar? That's about it...oh I smell a disaster.


 















 
Chocolate Chip Blasphemy Cookie
Well, here are the cookies. They look pretty normal. Like a cookie, really. They smell pretty awesome.


The first tentative bite! 
Surprisingly delicious! Blasphemy Cookie results: NOM. You can find recipe from Cooking Light below, I'm going to go have another cookie!

Chocolate Chip Cookies (Blasphemy Cookies) Cooking Light pg. 188
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup applesauce
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Cooking spray

1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk.
3. Spoon applesauce into a fine sieve over a bowl; let stand 15 minutes. Discard liquid. Scrape drained applesauce into a large bowl. Add sugar and butter; beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes). Beat in vanilla and egg. Add flour mixture, beat at low speed until well blinded. Fold in chips.
4. Drop by level tablespoons 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375 for 10 minutes or until almost set. Cool on pans 2-3 minutes or until firm. Remove from pans; cool on wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen
Calories: 78 (per cookie)
Nom Rating: 4 NOMS!

In other news: I have tons of things to post and I'm working on getting a schedule worked out for myself so that I will not drop off the face of the blogging universe anymore. Thanks for sticking with me, you'll see me again soon!
Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment