Saturday, January 22, 2011

Savory Saturday 3 +

Today was pretty awesome. On my way to pick up The Husband from the metro, I ran across this beauty of a bumper and was compelled to take a picture so that I could share it with you all.

What caught my eye was the large sticker that proclaims the car as a "Dyke Mobile". Other stickers say things such as, "Is it GAY in here, or is it just me?" The license plate says Reinbow which = Rainbow, if you can't make that leap yourself; and the frame around the plate says "I'd rather be scaring straight people."
This is an awesome car.
Other stickers: I'd rather be swimming with bare naked women!
Out an proud!
If you don't like gay marriage, blame straight people. They keep having gay babies.
And my all time favorite: "I'm so gay, I shit rainbows."

Epic win. Epic. I really do appreciate someone who is really proud of who they are, or at least is trying to convince everyone else that they are. As loudly as possible. Seriously though, this car sorta made my day. Enough in fact that I was compelled to take a picture. (Mom, I was stopped at a stop light.)  But, do you guys see that pink stuff there on the left side? At first, I thought it was, like, pink flames or something, more decorations, you know? However, I'm almost certain this car and another car got waaaay to close to each other and the driver of the Dyke Mobile made lemonade out of lemons and decorated with pink duct tape.
Seriously epic.

On to the food for today! I got another Cooking Light book (I might have an obsession) and it's Cooking Light for the Crockpot! Hurray! I also got a new crockpot today that has a timer on it, which is lovely. I did a vegetarian dish today, because it looked the best last time I was making my menu for the week.

From Cooking Light: Slow Cooker - Spicy Black Bean - Corn Casserole 

3 tablespoons diced green chiles, divided
1/2 cup salsa
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 (11 oz.) can corn with red and green bell peppers, drained
1 (10 oz.) can enchilada sauce
1/2 cup egg substitute
1 (8 1/2 oz.) package corn muffin mix
2 tablespoons chopped bottled roasted red bell peppers
1 1/2 cups pre-shredded reduced fat Mexican blend or Cheddar cheese
6 tablespoons reduced fat sour cream
1 1/2 teaspoons thinly sliced fresh cilantro

1. Place 2 tablespoons green chiles and next 6 ingredients in a 3 1/2 quart electric slow cooker, stir well. Cover and cook on LOW 4 hours.
2. Combine remaining 1 tablespoon green chiles, egg substitute, muffin mix, and roasted red bell peppers in a bowl. Spoon batter evenly over bean mixture in cooker. Cover and cook 1 hour or until corn bread is done.
3. Sprinkle cheese over corn bread. Cover and cook 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Top each serving with sour cream; sprinkle with cilantro.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: about 1 cup casserole, 1 tablespoon sour cream, and 1/4 teaspoon cilantro)
Calories: 366

Lindsey's NOM rating: 4 1/2 stars out of 5 (I would have given it five, but JR and The Husband talked it down. Damn food snobs.)

Cheerio, duckies.

No comments:

Post a Comment