Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Name that Flower

 Obviously a dogwood tree. I feel like I once knew a story about how the dogwood tree symbolized Christ, and that's why they bloom around Easter. Two marks at the ends of the flowers for the nails in his hands, one at the bottom for the nails in his feet, and one at the top for the crown of thorns he wore. Something to that effect.
 More dogwood!
 I have no idea what this is. It's on a pretty large bush and it looks a bit like a rose. Then you get close, and you can see it's not a rose at all. Maybe it is a type of rose? I need someone to find out. Get on it.

 This is a flowering tree of some sort. Those are crazy bunches of flowers, and I don't believe I've ever seen them before. At least not that I remember, and that's seriously not saying much.

1 comment: