Sunday, April 3, 2011

Savory Sunday!

Alright ducks, break out your crock pots. This recipe comes to you straight from the Crock Pot Recipe Collection book and can be found on page 228. This is an all day recipe, so make sure you give yourself plenty of time before you're doing dinner!

Asian Ginger Beef over Bok Choy
2 tbls. peanut oil
1 1/2 lbs. boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
3 green onion (sliced)
6 cloves garlic (I minced mine, recipe is not specific.)
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup soy sauce (I used the less sodium kind)
2 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. Asian chili paste
9 oz. fresh udon noodles, COOKED AND DRAINED
3 cups bok choy, trimmed and washed, cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro

1. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Sear beef on all sides in batches to prevent crowding, turning each piece as it browns. Sear last batch of beef with onions and garlic.
2. Transfer to 5- to 6-quart slow cooker. Add broth, water, soy sauce, ginger, and chili paste. Stir well to combine. Cover; cook on LOW 7 - 8 hours or on HIGH 3 - 4 hours or until beef is very tender (I went with the low setting.)
3. Just before serving, turn slow cooker to high. Add noodles and stir well. Add bok choy and stir again. Heat on high until bok choy is tender-crisp, about 15 minutes.
4. Garnish with cilantro and serve.
Makes 6-8 portions.
Calories (I think): 292 per serving, give or take a few calories
NOM rating: 5 stars! Super good!

I really love bok choy and I've had udon before. Together, with some beef that has been cooked to "falling apart"...mmmmm. I inhaled mine.

Well, I'm heading back to continue working on my paper. Below are a few more things that I wished to share!





I bought this bracelet from Lady Gaga. The proceeds from these go directly to Japanese aid. I also added on some extra monies to go towards the donation. That side says, "We pray for Japan" in English. On the other side, (see below) it says the same thing in Japanese. I recognize some of the characters, but not the kanji. Kanji is hard! 
Back to work. I might get to post tomorrow! There is no class, so I should have a picture and more ideas to make the blog more awesome! Stay classy, San Fran.

No comments:

Post a Comment