Sunday, March 20, 2011

20 Dang Minutes

I just finished the last day in week five of the training program I'm in for the 5k. It hurt, but I did it. I didn't stop. I made it the entire 20 minutes without stopping for a break. And yea, it did hurt, but I wasn't completely wiped at the end of it. In fact, according to my heart rate monitor, my heartbeat recovered pretty quickly. DUDES, I AM GETTING IN SHAPE. DANG.

That's exciting for me. If you missed that. Another exciting note! I know have 15 followers! WHAT IS NEXT? Actually, if you could go find me more followers, that would be awesome. I want to be a google blog of note, but I must have more minions! Go out and recruit! Your beloved leader demands it!

Picture for today: I bought a new color of nail polish called Plum's The Word. It's pretty and I didn't do too bad of a job on my nails! (I normally look like I tried to reproduce a Van Gogh with little success on my nails.) Indeed, that IS a turtle lamp beside my hand. Indeed, that is HH's. He has a love for turtles, and thanks to his family, he is swimming in little statues of them. I find it hilarious. HILARIOUS.

It's the first day of spring. I wanted to know why the calendar gets to dictate when Spring starts, so once again, I have trusted my knowledge to Wikipedia. Wikipedia says that this is because the vernal equinox occurs every year around March 20th. "An equinox occurs twice a year, when the tilt of the Earth's axis is inclined neither away from nor towards the Sun, the center of the Sun being in the same plane as the Earth's equator."

So now I know. And knowing is half the battle. GI JOE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment