Sunday, February 13, 2011

Fish & Flowers

Monday is dumb day to have Valentine's Day. Therefore, the Husband and I have spent the weekend doing v-day things and homework.

Yesterday was the play at the Kennedy Center. I didn't know how giant it was. Or how busy it is. I think when I went, there were three different shows going on in the place, each in a different giant auditorium. It's so busy; the Kennedy Center hosts about 2,000 performances a year with approximately 2 million guests. There are two large entrance ways, one called the Hall of Nations, the other the Hall of States. Both of these hallways are 250 feet long and 63 feet high. They attach to the Grand Foyer. The Grand Foyer is 630 feet long. This is large enough for the Washington Monument to fit, with 75 feet to spare. There are three main theaters, the Concert Hall, the Opera House, and Eisenhower Theater (which is where I saw the play - it is about the size of the Keith Albee in Huntington, WV). All together, these theaters can house about 5,863 people. But that's not all! There are several other spaces: The Family Theater, the Terrace Theater, the Theater Lab, the Millineum Stage (where they do lots of free or low cost performances), and the KC Jazz Club. Anyway, the have lots of stuff going on. And it's very pretty and has excellent views of the surrounding landscape.

Flowers in a GURGLE Pot.
Today was homework day. In fact, I'm going to go finish my homework as soon as I post this. I'd like to share the flowers I got, a pretty necklace the Husband got me and our Savory Sunday. Onward!

So pretty!


My Flowers!
Haha, the Husband picked these out for me while were doing the weekly grocery shopping. We both have class on Monday nights and don't get home until late so I'm glad for the substitute. And they're very nice!










Three!

The Husband also gave me a necklace that I have not-so-secretly been coveting. I'm in love with it already. And him, I guess. (Oh haha, I am only kidding.)

It has designs on it that I am entranced with! Oh, I just realized, more flowers! WIN!







And now, on to our Savory Sunday! This is more of the Husband's savory. Still from Cooking Light, however.
Cashew Chicken Salad Sandwiches from Cooking Light - Everyday Favorites pg. 288
1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon curry powder
2 cups chopped roasted skinless, boneless chicken breast
1/3 cup chopped celery
2 tablespoons chopped dry-roasted cashews
1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
2 whole wheat hamburger buns

1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring until well blended. Add chicken, cletery, cashews, and green onions, stir well. Serve on buns.
Calories: 353
The Husband's Nom Rating: 3
Lindsey's Nom Rating: 2 1/2

He likes it much more than I do. This was bound to happen eventually. DIVORCE. (Oh, haha, I am kidding again.)

I have been enjoying this song while I worked on this, so I will share with you! It's from Glee and good ole Paul McCartney. Fits in from my theme from Friday.

Rock out kids!



Flower in my hair and chocolate milk. I am pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment